Book for the Months of November/December, 2013
Call 08033824014 for detials.Not My Will by Olusegun Obasanjo
Introducing the Readers' Club
The Readers’ Club of Iqra Books Nigeria Limited was established on February 13, 2011 to promote the reading culture in Nigeria and establish a matured association of readers and thinkers. In promoting the reading culture the club meets the third sundays of the month to review and discuss the book of the month that every member of the club would have read. Also the club encourages the formal reading of a specially acknowledged book every quarter by the guest author of the book.
BENEFITS TO ACTIVE MEMBERS OF THE READERS' CLUB
- Exclusive benefits and attractive prices on books purchased.
- Free access to our public library.
- Free access to our lectures, seminars and other programmes.
- Encouragement to write and get published.
- Avenue to meet authors of books.
- Exposure of books authored by you.
- Getting updates on latest and upcoming books.
IN THE RECENT PAST WE HAVE READ THE FOLLOWING BOOKS:
- Soldiers of Fortune by Max Siollun
- There Was a Country: A Personal History of Biafra by Chinua Achebe
- Nigeria (Dancing on the Brink): by John Campbell
- Power, Politics and Death by Olusegun Adeniyi
- RICH DAD POOR DAD
- HISTORY OF EDUCATION IN NIGERIA
- TENANTS OF THE HOUSE
- I DO NOT COME TO YOU BY CHANCE
- THE TROUBLE WITH NIIGERIA
- VOICE OF AMERICA
- NOT YET OVER
- Akpan's Say You're One of Them by Uwem Akpan
The first formal book reading was held on Sunday February 26, 2012 with the review of Tenants of The House by the guest author Dr. Wale Okediran in Ilorin, Kwara State Nigeria, here are clips of the event.
The world is today a global village and there are no barriers to relationships you can therefore be a member of this club and join us in reading a book every month and also partake in the review of the book online every third Sunday of the month between the hours of 16.00 and 18.00 Nigerian time by following us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin or on our website.